My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am a 1967 graduate of The Citadel (Distinguished Military Student, member of the Economic Honor Society, Dean's List), a 1975 graduate of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (M.Div., magna cum laude, member of the Phi Alpha Chi academic honor society); I attended the Free University of Amsterdam and completed my History of Dogma there and then received a full scholarship from the Dutch government to transfer to the sister school in Kampen, Holland. In 1979 I graduated from the Theological Seminary of the Reformed Churches of Holland (Drs. with honors in Ethics). My New Testament minor was completed with Herman Ridderbos. I am also a 2001 Ph.D. graduate of Westminster Theological Seminary (Systematic Theology) in Philly with a dissertation on the "unio mystica" in the theology of Dr. Herman Bavinck (1854-1921). I am a former tank commander, and instructor in the US Army Armor School at Ft. Knox, KY. I have been happily married to my childhood sweetheart and best friend, Sally, for 43 years. We have 6 children, one of whom is with the Lord, and 14 wonderful grandchildren.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The latest Gleason grandchild (number 13) arrived Saturday morning, January 16th at around 9:00am, Central Time.
He is a big boy, tipping the scales at a hefty 10 lbs. 8 oz. His name is Harris Ronald Elliot and is child number 9 for the proud parents, Geoff and Lisa.
Geoff is studying for the pastoral ministry at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, MS. I filled out the paperwork for Harris's provisional appointment to The Citadel this afternoon.

2 Comments:

Blogger donsands said...

That is awesome. And I don't like to use the word awesome too much, but it is appropriate here.

Almost 11 pounds!

You are a very blessed Grand father.

I have three grandsons, and the Lord is way too gracious to allow me to have such joy.

Lord bless Harris, and his Mom and Dad. Amen.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Solameanie said...

Congratulations, Ron and family!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home